AN INTRODUCTION TO THE SCHOOL OF BANKING AND FINANCE – UNIVERSITY OF PHAN THIET
The School of Banking and Finance is one of the first faculties, which were founded at University of Phan Thiet. Through 8 years of establishment and development, there are more than 1000 students, with a team of qualified lecturers having a master’s degree or a PhD, graduating from well-known universities.
The School of Banking and Finance offers the best training courses for college or university students with the desire to provide students with theoretical skills and essential skills, which can be applicable to their future jobs. Graduates from the School can fulfill these specific tasks as follows:
- The work related to finance, accounting, tax at state-owned companies, such as The State Bank of Vietnam, Department of Finance, Tax Office, etc.
- The positions related to financial management at the enterprises of all business sectors;
- The job of corporate finance analysics, credit appraisal, credits, accounting, international payments, foreign exchange trading, asset valuation , portfolio management, M&A , etc at commercial banks, credit funds, securities trading centers, insurance companies, finance leasing companies, financial investment consulting firms;
- In addition, graduates have the opportunity to continue their study with post graduate / PhD programs at home and abroad.
The School attaches great importance to the quality of training and makes a lot of efforts to improve the curriculum and training methods, meanwhile makes selection of experienced lecturers and always takes students as the center of attention for teaching and learning.
The School would like to give a warm welcome to the present students and new ones.
FUNCTION, MISSION, TRAINING
THE FACULTY OF BANKING AND FINANCE – UNIVERSITY OF PHAN THIET
- The School of Banking and Finance, University of Phan Thiet performs a function of organizing and implementing training, scientific research and international cooperation in the field of banking and finance within the academic activities of University of Phan Thiet.
- Developing curriculum objectives, training plan and implementation of training process;
- Developing plans and conducting scientific research, collaborative programs between University of Phan Thiet and national or international partners;
- Promoting new training programs;
- Managing compilation of curriculum, syllabus and reference materials;
- Developing an advanced training program for staff and lecturers, while enhancing moral values;
- Managing process of training and training quality of lecturers;
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Chairman of the Board, the Principal.
- Training objectives
The training objective of the School is to equip students with theoretical and practical knowledge of financial and monetary markets, banking, accounting, corporate financial management. Moreover, in order for students to work effectively after graduation, the Faculty of Banking and Finance is also aiming to provide them with soft skills such as communication skills, presentation skills, organization skills , leadership and teamwork skills, positive thinking skills, job interview skills, etc.
- Current training levels of the School:
- transferred degree
- Training program
The program for Bachelor’s degree includes:
- Volume of knowledge: 121 credits
- Training period: 4 years
Core courses can be divided into five modules:
- Basic economic module: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics.
- Skill module: English, Basic Computer Skills, Business Communication Skills, Soft Skills.
- Basic Administration: Introduction to Management, General Laws, Principles of Accounting, Basic Marketing, Economic Law, Fundamentals of Money and Finance.
- Math – Economic Analysis: Probability Statistics, Principles of Economic Statistics, Mathematics for Finance.
- Specialized module for Banking and Finance: commercial banking, credit analysis and appraisal, corporate finance management, commercial bank management, investment project preparation and appraisal , Financial analysis, financial investment, international payment, international finance, financial risk management, financial accounting, commercial bank accounting.
- Teaching methods
– Teaching methods include lectures, group lessons, topic research, case study and group presentation.
– The Faculty applies interactive teaching methods. Lecturers play a role in encouraging students to think and give opinions for the best solutions.
The teaching staff of the Faculty of Banking and Finance includes full-time lecturers and visiting lecturers, who are recruited based on following criteria: good professional skills, good pedagogic ability, enthusiasm in teaching and education. Full-time lectures graduating from reputable universities have a master’s degree or PhD. Visiting lecturers are excellent ones, who are invited from universities in Ho Chi Minh City.
The School of Banking and Finance – University of Phan Thiet
- Address: 255 Nguyen Thong, Phu Hai Ward, Phan Thiet City, Binh Thuan Province
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (+84) 252 3608895